Project Helios Objectives
- Replace our existing HR and Payroll solution with a modern, integrated HR and payroll system
- Simplify and standardize processes
- Make it easy to get work done and harder to make mistakes
- Minimize administrative overhead for HR and Payroll employees, faculty, staff and end users
- Lower our operating costs, reduce risk and realize efficiencies with a cloud-based solution
Our HR and payroll administrative systems have served the A&M System for many years and are ready to enjoy a long retirement.
The HR and payroll systems are:
- Built on mainframe infrastructure, which are stable and reliable but expensive to acquire, maintain and support
- Highly dependent on employees with unique specialized knowledge, and fewer and fewer of these employees are available in the marketplace
- Difficult to adapt to changes in the environment
- Perpetuating some business processes that are no longer considered best practices
The limitations of these software systems often leaves the A&M System dependent on outdated or inadequate tools and business processes as we are forced to adapt to the software. Many processes are manual and paper dependent.
In 2013, a Comprehensive IT Assessment conducted by Deloitte identified several areas where the A&M System needed to improve, including replacing our HR and Payroll systems.
In 2014, A&M System leadership determined the time was right to begin modernizing our HR and Payroll systems and work began to develop requirements and issue a RFP, leading to the selection of Workday in 2015.