The website for the HR/Payroll Software Selection project has launched and will be your “go to” source of news and project information as we continue on our path to implement a new HR/Payroll system for TAMUS. We are launching with basic news and information and will regularly add content as we move through various phases of the project.
The Software Evaluation Team met in early December to get a better understanding of each vendor’s proposed solution during Discovery and Clarification Sessions. Representatives from Oracle and Workday each spent a day and a half in College Station meeting with the Team. Ellucian chose not to participate in the sessions and the Team has excluded them from further consideration.
The Discovery Sessions covered a wide range of topics and included short, targeted software demonstrations. Some of the topics covered include:
- Mobile strategy
- Upgrade process
- Functionality gaps
- Document imaging
- Role access
- Development tools
- Pre-implementation Services
At the conclusion of the presentations, the Evaluation Team met and determined that both Oracle and Workday meet the functional standard needed for the TAMUS HR/Payroll needs. Both have been invited for software demonstrations after the winter break. The Evaluation Team will proceed with site visits and reference checks in January and February.
Software demonstrations are scheduled for January in College Station and February at A&M Commerce and A&M Kingsville. Please plan on attending the demonstrations in your region. Sessions are scheduled as follows:
|Oracle(PeopleSoft)||Jan 20 – 23||Feb 3 – 4||Feb 17 – 18|
|Workday||Jan 27 – 30||Feb 5 – 6||Feb 19 – 20|
Both vendors will follow identical, detailed scripts that have been based on the requirements developed over the spring and summer of 2014 by a collaborative effort of HR and Payroll staff from across the TAMU System. Scripts will be sent to the vendors on a staggered schedule so that each vendor has the same amount of time to prepare. Since there are fewer days for demonstrations at Commerce and Kingsville, a shorter version of each script will be followed.
We are hoping for participation from staff at HR and Payroll offices, Departmental Administrators (e.g., HR liaisons), Faculty, Faculty Administrators, as well as staff from Finance and IT offices.
The demonstrations in College Station will also be delivered via web meeting. Due to space limitations, registration is limited and will be required whether attending in-person or via web meeting. Registration opens January 6, 2015 and the links will be available from the project website. The web meeting option will not be offered for the Commerce and Kingsville sessions.
The daily demonstration agendas including specific locations are on the website (link removed).
Here are a few things to think about when attending the demonstrations.
- Both solutions have met the functional fit standard defined in the requirements. Both will require us to do some things differently than what we do today, but either one will do what we need it to do.
- During the implementation process, gaps in functionality will be identified and solutions devised.
- This is a decades-long decision, so we need to select technology that will grow and adapt with us.
- January/February: Site visits and reference checks
- January: Software demonstrations in College Station
- February: Software demonstrations in Commerce and Kingsville
- Early March: HR/Payroll Advisory Committee meeting/update
- Mid-March: Recommendation presented to Steering Committee