Thanks again to everyone who submitted entries to the HR / Payroll Replacement Project naming contest!
We are pleased to announce the contest winners (drum roll, please…)
Grand Prize Winner: Marc Moore (System Offices) with Helios
Runner Up: We have a tie!
Wendy Haynes (Tarleton) (not pictured) and Kathy Snider (System Offices) with Project Horizon
“After a long night, technological dark ages, Helios, God of the Sun, is coming to the A&M System and he’s bringing the light of a new day with him – Workday!!”
Project Helios is our new project name and we’ll use it throughout the implementation phase.
A Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 Lite Tablet is on its way to Marc and an iHome Bluetooth Stereo System with Speakerphone is on its way to Wendy and Kathy.
Honorable Mention awards
We were so impressed with the reasons why a project name should have been chosen as the winner that we are also awarding Honorable Mentions to a few for their over the top, highly creative reasons why their project name should have been chosen.* A certificate is coming their way!
- Honorable Mention: Brad Hollas (TAMU) with Profesto
- “Profesto is the Latin word for “workday”. Since Latin is a primary language of influence for academia, I thought it would be a nice way to tie the “Workday” to the setting of academia. Plus “Profesto” just has a nice ring to it!”
- Honorable Mention: Katie Cates (TAMU) with Project Fusion
- “Fusion seemed appropriate since we are combining several HR/Payroll systems. Additionally, “fusion” fits our collaboration efforts with Workday, the implementation vendor, and the different TAMU System members.”
- Honorable Mention: Euletha Wade (PVAMU) with THE CLOUD
- “Considering we are unifying all system parts to operate systemically, while implementing change I deem the Cloud is appropriate. We are moving from the old to a new and innovative era. However, it is a gradual shift in attitude, opinion and position.”
All of the contest entries have been a fantastic source of inspiration to the project team and we hope you had fun with it.
Stay tuned for the launch of our new project website and a Project Helios logo!